Looking Forward To is a monthly feature where I showcase all of the books, music, shows, movies and everything else that I am looking forward to for the upcoming month. You can view past months’ posts here.
~All The Blogging~
* I’m looking forward to launching a few new features this month and continuing ones I started last month.
* I’m ‘celebrating’ Valentine’s Day with a romance movie every day from the 1st to the 14th. it’s partly because I need an excuse to watch movies since I rarely do and because if I watch new movies, I have a(nother) reason to launch a feature. I’ll be sharing the lineup on here later and I’ll post it on Twitter, for those interested. The tag will be #FourteenMoviesOfRomance
* I’m going to getting things together for Poetic Justice. I’ve hosted it the past two years in April during National Poetry Month. I’m not sure if I’ll do the full month or not, it depends on interest but we’ll see what I come up with.
~All The Books~
Reading: Foul Is Fair
Most Excited For: Yes No Maybe So, Together We Caught Fire, Break The Fall, We Unleash The Merciless Storm, Red Hood
For Review: The Gravity Of Us, What Kind Of Girl, Foul Is Fair
~All The Music~
Delain ‘Apocalypse & Chill’
La Roux ‘Supervision’
The Lone Bellow ‘Half Moon Light’
Nada Surf ‘Never Not Together’
Oh Wonder ‘No One Else Can Wear Your Crown’
Tame Impala ‘The Slow Rush’
Allie X ‘Cape God’
Grimes ‘Miss Anthropocene’
Guided By Voices ‘Surrender Your Poppy Field’
~All The Shows~
These are all new shows I’m listing below. It’s hard putting your faith into the CW and hoping they’re be competent but betting they’re not.
Katy Keene – CW – Feb. 6th
High Fidelity – Hulu – Feb. 14th
Gentefied – Netflix – Feb. 21st
I’m Not Okay With This – Netflix – Feb. 26th
~All The Movies~
To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You – Netflix – Feb. 12th
All The Bright Places – Netflix – Feb. 28th
* Apparently the Chiefs made it to the Super Bowl which is good. I grew up in Kansas City until I was 16 and as far as I know, they weren’t too good when I lived here. 😂 A long while ago. I was so never into watching sports a ton so I had no idea until last week they made it to the super bowl. Really, my main priority that day is going to be watching the Super bowl related episode of Boy Meets World.
* Adib Khorram is going to be at the Topeka Shawnee County Public Library for an author event and signing at the end of the month. I’m so excited to be going!
* The graphic is pure decoration, I’m not looking forward to Valentine’s Day. 😂