Hi! My name is Amber and this is my blog, YA Indulgences. I’m so glad you found it! I am in my 20s, I have had various cats over the time-period of this blog. I enjoy reading obviously. My favorite genre is Contemporary. I especially love the harder hitting books that focus on the darker sides of life. I would never turn down a light-hearted, fluffy read though. I am interested in Contemporary Adult fiction but I do not read it as much as I would like.
Besides blogging and reading, I love listening to music, ranting about tv shows, raving about musicals and scanning the never ending social media websites (See Twitter and Tumblr). Pop music is my newly revisited love. I adore Carly Rae Jepsen and Hilary Duff to a limit that does not exist. I’m always anxiously awaiting albums from Aly & AJ, The Veronicas, Paloma Faith, Sky Ferreira, and Troye Sivan.
Some of my favorite shows are Boy Meets World (Shawn Hunter, need I say more?), Degrassi (May it never ever end), The 100 (Clexa<3), Veronica Mars (Life Goals), Pretty Little Liars (Despite those interesting last three seasons), and The Vampire Diaries (despite that series finale).
I’m not exactly new to writing as I began writing poetry in middle school. Since then I’ve branched to stories and a variety of blogs. None of the other blogs have really stuck out enough to continue, but given this is my third year of blogging, I think I’ve found my place.
YA Indulgences is my book blog which began in July of 2014. I’m so excited to talk about books I love or daon’t love as well as discussing various book related topics. I’m also excited to finally become part of the book blogging community. I hope you will enjoy my journey into the book blogging world as I gets to know others bloggers, readers and hopefully authors. 🙂
In addition to enjoying Young Adult fiction, I like Christian fiction, the idea of Historical fiction (maybe a bit too ‘advanced’ for me) and a good adult contemporary novel. While I’m not a huge fan of Science Fiction or Horror and I’m over the Supernatural Romance craze already, I like to think I wouldn’t rule out reading anything in the Young Adult age group. I always welcome any recommendations so feel free to leave suggestions.
Here is a little more information about me:
- I was Belle for Halloween.
- Beauty and The Beast is my favorite Disney movie ever.
- I may or may not live an alternate life inside my head.
- I’m obsessed with music, besides the artists listed above, I also adore Bastille, Hurts, Digital Daggers, Cary Brothers, Sara Bareilles, Kari Kimmel, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Damien Rice, and Ingrid Michaelson.
- My musical taste is mostly alternative, pop, independent singer/songwriter artists, as well as rock.
- I would consider myself an introvert.
- I’m more comfortable engaging in conversations online than in person.
- When I start talking, there’s little chance I’ll stop if I know you well enough.
- Autumn is my favorite season because of the leaves changing, the weather cooling causing it to be hot chocolate and sweater weather. It’s also my birthday season so bring on all things Fall.
- I have a thing for 80s teens movies with Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Say Anything, Dirty Dancing and Fast Times at Ridgemont High being my favorites.
- I am a very sarcastic and somewhat cynical person, but I don’t mean anything bad about it.
- I’m easily amused and enthusiastic.
- The library, Starbucks and Barnes and Noble are my favorite places.
- I’m collecting my life’s library.
- I prefer to drink coffee at night than in the morning.
- I’m definitely, wholeheartedly a night person.
Some Things I Love In Fiction:
- Unrequited love
- Sarcastic characters
- Character Driven novels
- Ensemble casts